How You Can Be Involved
ProSafeBeef Network Membership: what does it mean/ what are the benefits/ why should I get involved?
In general membership in Integrated Project is based around access to privileged information before other stakeholder, and in particular industry, and free invitations to otherwise closed meetings. In ProSafeBeef this means:
1. Access to industry information
2. Free invitations to events
3. Access to ProSafeBeef networks
4. Access to experts: Core team and ProSafeBeef research scientists and industry specialists
5. SME information
6. The latest technologies and innovations in the industry: fact sheets, tool kits, demonstrations etc.
A central objective of ProSafeBeef is to effectively communicate information from the RTD Pillars, transfer technologies and develop training strategies for the end users and stakeholders in the beef chain in addition to researchers, particularly young scientists, working in this field. Pillar 6 led by ADIV (a meat industry Technology Transfer expert SME) will also be responsible for ensuring the distribution of information from ProSafeBeef to EU12 and INCO countries participating in the project. Best practice in communication and the exploitation of innovative communication and training techniques will be promoted and supported throughout the Pillar. Transfer of technology to industry and to the SMEs sector in particular, is the driver for innovation and is a key focus for improvement. The main stakeholder groups include consumers (and consumer organisations), farmers, processors, government agencies, meat associations and retail multiples. A 'Core Team' has been set up to promote ProSafeBeef and act as a “Commercial task force” disseminating new technologies stemming from the project. It is comprised of 8 members selected for the expertise in the meat sector.
The Core Team
· Pierre Picouet, email@example.com, Research-engineers at the Engineering and Process Technology Unit
· Carolina Realini, firstname.lastname@example.org, Food Scientist
· Bjorg Narum, email@example.com Food technologist /Adviser (in the Department of Meat, Spectroscopy & Image Analysis, Chemometrics)
· Tom Christen Johannessen, firstname.lastname@example.org Master sausage maker and Head of the meat pilot plant
· Berit Foss Hill, email@example.com , Project Manager/Adviser at Nofima Mat
· Eric Lemoine, firstname.lastname@example.org Manager of scientific, technological and product quality
· Sylvain Labayle, email@example.com, Engineer in charge of technical studies at ADIV
· Laurent Picgirard, firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of the processing technology department at ADIV
For more information please contact one of our Core Team members above, visit our Technologies and Networks pages, sign upto our newsletter, and/or contact Project Manager email@example.com.
The Minute Beef:
This e-news letter is a presented as a synthesis of the most exciting and current innovations in the form of a shor... read more